Golden Gate City, South Dakota

From The Infomercantile

Jump to: navigation, search
1877 Map showing townsite
Golden Gate City, South Dakota was a small mining town west of the Deadwood area, in the Black Hills of South Dakota.[1] It appears on maps from the 1870s-1880s, but no longer appears on later maps.

Based on the 1877 Rand McNally map of the Black Hills, Golden Gate was located just west of Gayville (now Central City), about a mile and a half along Deadwood Creek Road.


References

  1. Dakota Place Names, John A Van Balen.
Views
Personal tools